Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Valentines Mailboxes & a {Robot} Valentine

I am sorry I didn't get this posted yesterday.  It was kind of a crazy day, but here it is a day late.

The reason I have the mailboxes is because I wanted a different kind of way to show my family that I love them as well as it is just plain fun. Everyday between now and Valentines day, I have different treats to put into the mailboxes. Some of them are edible, and some of them are just little prizes or toys. Nothing too major, and really it is so fun to come up with the ideas/ search pinterest for the cutest Valentines.

I have my mailboxes on a table behind my couch that you see as soon as you walk down the stairs.


Everyone has one with their name on it.  I just personalized the Target mailboxes with my silhouette machine and vinyl.


My favorite part is the vinyl I did on the back of each of them. 


Here is another view of the vinyl.  You could acheive the same look with stickers or cut out and mod podged paper too.  The possibilities are endless really.


This is an idea that I saw on Pinterest initially, but changed it up a little.  Here is a link to the original pin if you would like to see it.


I love these little guys.  I made each one of them a little different. 


Aren't they so fun?  And the best part is that they fit perfectly into the mailboxes with just their feet hanging out.


Tune in again because I have 14 days worth of Valentines to show you.  Hopefully I can get the pictures taken without my daughter and husband seeing the rest of the Valentines.  It's tricky to keep it a secret.  Believe me!
Pin It!

2 comments:

Amy at Ameroonie Designs said...

I know what you mean, but at least I'm not trying hide it from the hubby- that would mean NEVER getting anything done. ;)
Those robots turned out DARLING! Love them.
xoxo

Unknown said...

these are just so cute! what did you use to hold everything together?!